1. Where in Calgary, is the kite festival is being held?
Ans:-The Calgary Kite Festival is being held at the Sien Lok Park.
Ans: - This is a day for everyone to fly kites. A great opportunity for Calgarians and the tourists to have a fun time. After seeing all the kites, you might want to try one. There will be kites to purchase at the location. You can also register for a free kite at www.realzim.com. There will also be a kite making workshop being held on June 25th. See the detailed agenda for more details.
Ans: - The kite festival is of no charge. There is no admission fee either.
4. What time does it start?
Ans: - It will start at 12.30 pm on 1 July 2017, Saturday.
Ans: - 1) Be considerate of other kite fliers.
2) Do not use the kind of string that has the capability of cutting other kite strings.
3) Do not: run with your kite unless absolutely essential and see that the ground ahead is clear and fairly level.
4) You must not: fly a kite more than 30 meters (100') above ground level within 5 kilometers (3 miles) of an airfield
5) Help us be green by depositing your trash and recyclables in the appropriate containers.
Ans: - Avoid: overhead power lines at all times. Electricity can kill! Don’t fly your kites in the street or near power lines.
Avoid: flying near roads, busy footpaths, railways, canals & rivers.
Choose: an open, clear area for flying away from the public if possible.
Avoid: flying in stormy, thundery weather, particularly on beaches.
Be aware of: the pull, lift and speed of some large single line kites and many multi-line sport kites.
Do not: fly in winds that are too strong for those recommended for your kite, and make sure that all knots, clips, and spars are secure.
Supervise: inexperienced flyers and children, SEEK INSTRUCTION before flying stunt and sport kites.
Wear: gloves to protect hands, kite line can cut deeply and cause friction burns.
Ans: - We will conduct a kite workshop where we will have certain materials available for you to build your own kites. You can build, decorate and fly your kites. The workshop is being held on June 25th from 12: 30 pm to 5:00 pm. For other activities, see the detailed agenda for details.
8. Can we get a kite at the site?
Ans:- Kite will be available on the site to purchase. We are also offering a Kite Festival workshop where you can learn how to build a kite.
9. What is the purpose of this event?
Ans: - The purpose of the Kite Festival is to provide a fun outdoor event for people of all ages, budgets, and abilities to gather together and enjoy the magnificent sport of kite flying .The event is being held to foster citizen engagement and participation to make a tangible difference in Calgary. Come and learn more about volunteering or contributing to current and future initiatives of giving back to the community.
This festival is all about:
- Supporting communities and neighborhoods of real people for purposeful connections.
- Creating opportunities for individuals to make a difference in where they live, work, and play.
- Mutual rewards for the entire community.
- Contributing to the movement in multiple ways, creating opportunities for socializing, promoting businesses, volunteering, assisting one another.
- • Enabling people to come together for things that matter.
10. Is there any question about the Calgary kite festival which is not answered here?
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.